About Oryza barthii
Oryza barthii is the AA genome progenitor of the West African cultivated rice, O. glaberrima. It belongs to the AA genome group and has 12 chromosomes and a nuclear genome size of 411 Mb (flow cytometry). It is found in mopane or savanna woodland, savanna or fadama. Grows in deep water, seasonally flooded land, stagnant water, and slowly flowing water or pools; prefers clay or black cotton soils. Found in open habitats. This work was part of the OGE project funded by NSF Award #1026200.
Taxonomy ID 65489
Data source Oryza Genome Evolution Project
This species currently has no variation database. However you can process your own variants using the Variant Effect Predictor:
What can I find? Microarray annotations.
Gramene/Ensembl Genomes Annotation
Additional annotations generated by the Gramene and Ensembl Plants project include:
- Gene phylogenetic trees with other Gramene species.
- LastZ Whole Genome Alignment to Arabidopsis thaliana, Oryza sativa Japonica (IRGSP v1) and other Oryza AA genomes.
- Orthologue based DAGchainer synteny detection against other AA genomes.
- Mapping to the genome of multiple sequence-based feature sets using Gramene BLAT pipeline.
- Identification of various repeat features by programs such as RepeatMasker with MIPS and AGI repeat libraries, and Dust, TRF.