What's New in Release 47
- New genomes
- Pineapple (Ananas comosus): assembly from ENA (GCA_902162155.1) and annotation from UIL
- Chara braunii : assembly and annotation from ENA (GCA_003427395.1)
- Eragrostis curvula : assembly and annotation from ENA (GCA_007726485.1)
- Golden apple (Malus domestica) : assembly from ENA (GCA_002114115.1) and annotation from IRHS
- Wild olive tree (Olea europaea sylvestris) : assembly from ENA (GCA_002742605.1) and annotation from GDB
- Pistachio (Pistacia vera) : assembly from ENA (GCA_008641045.1) and annotation from BIGD
- Almond (Prunus dulcis) : assembly and annotation from ENA (GCA_902201215.1)
- Updated data
Ensembl Plants hosts the latest wheat assembly from the IWGSC (RefSeq v1.0), including:
- The IWGSC RefSeq v1.1 gene annotation, with links to wheat-expression.com and KnetMiner
- Alignment of 98,270 high confidence genes from the TGACv1 annotation.
- Axiom 35K and 820K SNP arrays from CerealsDB and Linkage Disequilibrium display
- EMS-induced mutations from sequenced TILLING populations (Kronos and Cadenza).
- Inter-Homeologous Variants (IHVs) between the A, B and D genome components.
- Whole genome alignments to rice, brachypodium and barley.
- Assembly to assembly mapping and gene ID mapping to the previous TGAC v1 assembly, archived at eg37-plants.ensembl.org.
- Polyploid view enabled, allowing users to view alignments among multiple wheat components simultaneously.
- Durum wheat 35K, 90K, 820K and TaBW280K variants.
Archive of release 45 of EnsemblPlants: eg45-plants.ensembl.org (Sep 2019)
Archive of release 40 of EnsemblPlants: eg40-plants.ensembl.org (July 2018)
Archive of release 37 of EnsemblPlants: eg37-plants.ensembl.org (Oct 2017)
Read here how you can get data from other releases
Ensembl Plants datasets are constructed in a direct collaboration with the Gramene resource, funded by the United States National Science Foundation award #1127112. Read more about our collaboration with Gramene.
The development of resources for wheat is funded by the BBSRC-funded Designing Future Wheat ISP.
ELIXIRs commissioned service Apple as a Model for Genomic Information Exchange.