What's New in Release 48
- Arabis alpina : assembly from ENA GCA_000733195.1 and annotation from TRANSNET
- Camelina sativa : assembly from ENA GCA_000633955.1 and annotation from camelinadb
- Cannabis sativa female : assembly from ENA GCA_900626175.1 and annotation from cannabisgenome
- Watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) : assembly from ENA GCA_000238415.2 and annotation from cucurbitgenomics
- Melon (Cucumis melo) : assembly from ENA GCA_902497455.1 and annotation from melonomics
- Blue-petal water lily (Nymphaea colorata) : assembly from ENA GCA_008831285.1 and annotation from Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University
- China rose (Rosa chinensis) : assembly and annotation from ENA GCA_002994745.2
- Green foxtail (Setaria viridis) : assembly and annotation from ENA GCA_005286985.1
- Barley cultivar Golden Promise
- UK wheat cultivars : Cadenza, Claire, Paragon, Robigus, Weebill
- Added sunflower variation data
- Renamed almond gene names
Ensembl Plants hosts the latest wheat assembly from the IWGSC (RefSeq v1.0), including:
- The IWGSC RefSeq v1.1 gene annotation, with links to wheat-expression.com and KnetMiner
- 5 UK wheat cultivars : Cadenza, Claire, Paragon, Robigus, Weebill
- Alignment of 98,270 high confidence genes from the TGACv1 annotation.
- Axiom 35K and 820K SNP arrays from CerealsDB and Linkage Disequilibrium display
- EMS-induced mutations from sequenced TILLING populations (Kronos and Cadenza).
- Inter-Homeologous Variants (IHVs) between the A, B and D genome components.
- Chromosome specific KASP markers were added from the Nottingham BBSRC Wheat Research Centre.
- Whole genome alignments to rice, brachypodium and barley.
- Assembly-to-assembly mapping and gene ID mapping to the previous TGAC v1 assembly, archived at eg37-plants.ensembl.org
- Polyploid view enabled, allowing users to view alignments among multiple wheat components simultaneously
- Durum wheat 35K, 90K, 820K and TaBW280K variants
Archive of release 45 of EnsemblPlants: eg45-plants.ensembl.org (Sep 2019)
Archive of release 40 of EnsemblPlants: eg40-plants.ensembl.org (July 2018)
Archive of release 37 of EnsemblPlants: eg37-plants.ensembl.org (Oct 2017)
Read here how you can get data from other releases
Ensembl Plants datasets are constructed in a direct collaboration with the Gramene resource, funded by the United States National Science Foundation award 1127112. Read more about our collaboration with Gramene.
The development of resources for wheat is funded by the BBSRC-funded Designing Future Wheat ISP.
ELIXIR's commissioned service Apple as a Model for Genomic Information Exchange.