What's New in Release 41
- Removed genomes:
- The genome assembly of Cajanus cajan (pigeonpea, GCA_000340665.1) was found to have been imported incorrectly, and has been removed from this release.
- New genomes:
- New data:
- Updated data:
- The latest (v1.1) gene build for Triticum aestivum (bread wheat, GCA_900519105.1).
- Updated repeat feature annotation across all plants, including newly added repeat feature classification using REdat and REcat, thanks to the Ensembl Geek for a Week programme and Joris Argentin.
- Updated gene trees across all plants, including the new and updated genomes.
- Updated ncRNA alignments and annotations across all plants including MirBase imports for twelve species.
- Updated protein features for all (nearly 2 million) plant proteinsusing InterProScan with version 67 of InterPro.
- Updated BioMarts for all gene and variation data.
- Corrected attribution for many plant genomes.
- Corrected chromosomal density plots for all plants.
New wheat assembly
This release of Ensembl Plants hosts the latest wheat assembly from the IWGSC (RefSeq v1.0). Current data includes:
- The IWGSC RefSeq v1.1 gene annotation.
- Alignment of 98,270 high confidence genes from the TGACv1 annotation.
- The Axiom 820K SNP Array from CerealsDB.
- EMS-induced mutations from sequenced TILLING populations (Kronos and Cadensa).
- Assembly to assembly mapping and gene ID mapping to the previous TGAC v1 assembly and annotation.
- Whole genome alignments to rice, brachypodium and barley.
- The TGACv1 assembly will still be availble via the Ensembl Plants archive site.
Polyploid View Enabled
Ensembl Plants datasets are constructed in a direct collaboration with the Gramene resource, funded by the United States National Science Foundation award #1127112. Read more about our collaboration with Gramene.
The development of resources for wheat is funded by the BBSRC-funded Designing Future Wheat ISP.