For easy access to commonly used genomes, drag from the bottom list to the top one ·
- Arabidopsis thaliana (Arabidopsis thaliana)
- Oryza sativa Japonica (Oryza sativa Japonica Group)
- Triticum aestivum (Triticum aestivum)
- Hordeum vulgare (Hordeum vulgare)
- Zea mays (Zea mays)
- Physcomitrella patens (Physcomitrella patens)
Other available species
- Aegilops tauschii (Aegilops tauschii)
- Amborella trichopoda (Amborella trichopoda)
- Arabidopsis lyrata (Arabidopsis lyrata subsp. lyrata)
- Brachypodium distachyon (Brachypodium distachyon)
- Brassica oleracea (Brassica oleracea var. oleracea)
- Brassica rapa (Brassica rapa subsp. pekinensis)
- Chlamydomonas reinhardtii (Chlamydomonas reinhardtii)
- Cyanidioschyzon merolae (Cyanidioschyzon merolae strain 10D)
- Glycine max (Glycine max)
- Leersia perrieri (Leersia perrieri)
- Medicago truncatula (Medicago truncatula)
- Musa acuminata (Musa acuminata subsp. malaccensis)
- Oryza barthii (Oryza barthii)
- Oryza brachyantha (Oryza brachyantha)
- Oryza glaberrima (Oryza glaberrima)
- Oryza glumaepatula (Oryza glumaepatula)
- Oryza meridionalis (Oryza meridionalis)
- Oryza nivara (Oryza nivara)
- Oryza punctata (Oryza punctata)
- Oryza rufipogon (Oryza rufipogon)
- Oryza sativa Indica (Oryza sativa Indica Group)
- Ostreococcus lucimarinus (Ostreococcus lucimarinus CCE9901)
- Populus trichocarpa (Populus trichocarpa)
- Prunus persica (Prunus persica)
- Selaginella moellendorffii (Selaginella moellendorffii)
- Setaria italica (Setaria italica)
- Solanum lycopersicum (Solanum lycopersicum)
- Solanum tuberosum (Solanum tuberosum)
- Sorghum bicolor (Sorghum bicolor)
- Theobroma cacao (Theobroma cacao)
- Triticum urartu (Triticum urartu)
- Vitis vinifera (Vitis vinifera)
What's New in Release 25
- New assembly for bread wheat.
- A new chromosome-scale pseudomolecule assembly using existing IWGSC CSS contigs incorporating POPSEQ data from IPK and processed by TGAC.
- New 3B chromosome and gene-model annotations from the IWGSC.
- All sequence features, including the MIPS gene set v2.2, and sequence alignments, were projected to the new pseudomolecule assembly.
- New marker and variation data for barley.
- New data:
Release 26 of Ensembl Genomes is scheduled for 17th March 2015. For more details, see the release intentions.
Updated assembly for wheat
The bread wheat assembly included in release 25 of Ensembl Plants has been updated by ordering the existing Chromosome Survey Sequence (CSS) contigs into chromosomal pseudomolecules. This was done using anchoring data from high marker density population sequencing (POPSEQ) generated by IPK Gatersleben  and processed at TGAC.
The resulting set of chromosomes have been combined with the IWGSC's BAC by BAC assembly and annotation of chromosome 3B, generated by the GDEC group at INRA , which replaces the CSS-derived assembly and annotation of 3B.
The contig level gene models (MIPS version 2.2) were projected to the chromosome pseudomolecules using the Assembly Converter Tool. Where possible, the MIPS genes are viewable as an additional track on 3B.
The anchoring process (with the exception of 3B) places 1,290,751 CSS contigs into chromosomal pseudomolecules for a total length of 4,237,502,413 bp. Ensembl Plants also incorporates 261,251 unanchored scaffolds, with cumulative length of 1,307,508,887 bp.
Ensembl Plants is developed in coordination with other plant genomics and bioinformatics groups via the EBI's role in the transPLANT consortium. The transPLANT project is funded by the European Commission within its 7th Framework Programme, under the thematic area "Infrastructures", contract number 283496.
Wheat genomics resources are developed as part of our involvement in the consortium Triticeae Genomics For Sustainable Agriculture. Barley genomics resources are funded through the UK barley genome sequencing project. Both projects are funded by the BBSRC.