For easy access to commonly used genomes, drag from the bottom list to the top one ·
- Arabidopsis thaliana (Arabidopsis thaliana)
- Oryza sativa Japonica (Rice) (Oryza sativa Japonica Group)
- Triticum aestivum (Triticum aestivum)
- Hordeum vulgare (Hordeum vulgare)
- Zea mays (Zea mays)
- Physcomitrella patens (Physcomitrella patens subsp. patens)
Other available species
- Aegilops tauschii (Aegilops tauschii)
- Arabidopsis lyrata (Arabidopsis lyrata subsp. lyrata)
- Brachypodium distachyon (Brachypodium distachyon)
- Brassica rapa (Brassica rapa)
- Chlamydomonas reinhardtii (Chlamydomonas reinhardtii)
- Cyanidioschyzon merolae (Cyanidioschyzon merolae strain 10D)
- Glycine max (Glycine max)
- Medicago truncatula (Medicago truncatula)
- Musa acuminata (Musa acuminata)
- Oryza brachyantha (Oryza brachyantha)
- Oryza glaberrima (Oryza glaberrima)
- Oryza sativa Indica Group (Oryza sativa Indica Group)
- Populus trichocarpa (Populus trichocarpa)
- Selaginella moellendorffii (Selaginella moellendorffii)
- Setaria italica (Setaria italica)
- Solanum lycopersicum (Solanum lycopersicum)
- Solanum tuberosum (Solanum tuberosum)
- Sorghum bicolor (Sorghum bicolor)
- Triticum urartu (Triticum urartu)
- Vitis vinifera (Vitis vinifera)
What's New in Release 21
- Updated genomes
- New data
- Gene models for Triticum aestivum (bread wheat) chromosome survey sequences from MIPS.
- DNA-DNA alignments between bread wheat and Oryza sativa, as well as Brachypodium distachyon.
- DNA-DNA alignments between Hordeum vulgare (barley) and the wild wheat progenitors (Triticum urartu and Aegilops tauschii).
- Additional RNA-Seq data were aligned to bread wheat as well as to its wild progenitors.
- Wheat UniGene clusters sequences were also aligned to bread wheat as well as to its wild progenitors.
- Updated data
- Updated gene-trees to include bread wheat gene models.
- Updated (TREP) repeat analysis for wheat and barley genomes.
- Updated functional domain (InterPro) and ontology (InterPro2GO) annotation.
- Updated biomarts.
Bread wheat genome and gene annotation released!
The bread wheat genome in Ensembl Plants is the chromosome survey sequence for Triticum aestivum cv. Chinese Spring generated by the International Wheat Genome Sequencing Consortium. The gene models are provided by MIPS (version 2.0). A total of 108,569 protein coding genes have been predicted.
Ensembl Plants is developed in coordination with other plant genomics and bioinformatics groups via the EBI's role in the transPLANT consortium. The transPLANT project is funded by the European Commission within its 7th Framework Programme, under the thematic area "Infrastructures", contract number 283496.
Databases are constructed in a direct collaboration with the Gramene resource, funded by the United States National Science Foundation award #1127112. More information about our collaboration with Gramene in available here.