What's New in Release 42
- New genomes:
- Details on genome updates:
- Triticum aestivum: Inter-Homeologous Variants (IHVs) were added
- Solanum lycopersicum: updated assembly (GCA_000188115.3) and annotation (ITAG3.0, except genes )
- Glycine max: updated assembly (GCA_000004515.4) and annotation (Rel. 137, Version 4, Glycine_max_v2.1)
- Vigna radiata: updated annotation (vigra.VC1973A.gnm6.ann1.M1Qs)
- Physcomitrella patens: updated annotation (V3.3)
- Lupinus angustifolius: genes from previous release were added
- Arabidopsis thaliana: TAIR10 is now the unique source of ncRNA annotations
- Nicotiana attenuata: mapped microarray probes were updated
- Zea mays: mapped microarray probes were updated
New wheat assembly
This release of Ensembl Plants hosts the latest wheat assembly from the IWGSC (RefSeq v1.0). Current data includes:
- The IWGSC RefSeq v1.1 gene annotation.
- Alignment of 98,270 high confidence genes from the TGACv1 annotation.
- The Axiom 820K SNP Array from CerealsDB.
- EMS-induced mutations from sequenced TILLING populations (Kronos and Cadensa).
- Inter-Homeologous Variants (IHVs) between the A, B and D genome components.
- Assembly to assembly mapping and gene ID mapping to the previous TGAC v1 assembly and annotation.
- Whole genome alignments to rice, brachypodium and barley.
- The TGACv1 assembly will still be availble via the Ensembl Plants archive site.
Polyploid View Enabled
Ensembl Plants datasets are constructed in a direct collaboration with the Gramene resource, funded by the United States National Science Foundation award #1127112. Read more about our collaboration with Gramene.
The development of resources for wheat is funded by the BBSRC-funded Designing Future Wheat ISP.