What's New in Release 43
- New genomes:
- Details on genome updates:
- Wheat (Triticum aestivum): added 31,779 markers from the 35K Axiom SNP array (provided by CerealsDB)
- Emmer Zavitan wheat (Triticum dicoccoides): added polyploid view
- Rice (Oryza sativa): updated gene annotation to RAP-DB version 2018-11-26 and added stable_id mappings to previous annotation
- Solanum lycopersicum: added ITAG3.0 unplaced gene models (Chr0)
- Vigna radiata: added stable_id mappings to previous annotation
- Physcomitrella patens: added stable_id mappings to previous annotation
New wheat assembly
Ensembl Plants hosts the latest wheat assembly from the IWGSC (RefSeq v1.0). Current data includes:
- The IWGSC RefSeq v1.1 gene annotation.
- Alignment of 98,270 high confidence genes from the TGACv1 annotation.
- The Axiom 820K SNP Array from CerealsDB.
- Thr Axiom 35K SNP array from CerealsDB.
- EMS-induced mutations from sequenced TILLING populations (Kronos and Cadensa).
- Inter-Homeologous Variants (IHVs) between the A, B and D genome components.
- Assembly to assembly mapping and gene ID mapping to the previous TGAC v1 assembly and annotation.
- Whole genome alignments to rice, brachypodium and barley.
- The TGACv1 assembly will still be availble via the Ensembl Plants archive site.
Polyploid View Enabled
Ensembl Plants datasets are constructed in a direct collaboration with the Gramene resource, funded by the United States National Science Foundation award #1127112. Read more about our collaboration with Gramene.
The development of resources for wheat is funded by the BBSRC-funded Designing Future Wheat ISP.