What's New in Release 46
- New genomes
- Clementine (Citrus clementina): GCA_000493195.1
- Sweet cherry (Prunus avium); assembly from ENA (GCA_002207925.1) and community annotation
- Morning glory, a relative of sweet potato (Ipomoea triloba): assembly from ENA (GCA_003576645.1) and community annotation
- Saccharum spontaneum, a sugar-poor relative of sugarcane: assembly from ENA (GCA_003544955.1) and community annotation
- Updated data
- Updated common gene names from Entrez to some barley (Hordeum vulgare) gene
Ensembl Plants hosts the latest wheat assembly from the IWGSC (RefSeq v1.0), including:
- The IWGSC RefSeq v1.1 gene annotation, with links to wheat-expression.com and KnetMiner
- Alignment of 98,270 high confidence genes from the TGACv1 annotation.
- The Axiom 35K and 820K SNP arrays from CerealsDB.
- EMS-induced mutations from sequenced TILLING populations (Kronos and Cadenza).
- Inter-Homeologous Variants (IHVs) between the A, B and D genome components.
- Whole genome alignments to rice, brachypodium and barley.
- Assembly to assembly mapping and gene ID mapping to the previous TGAC v1 assembly, which is archived at eg37-plants.ensembl.org.
- Durum wheat 35K, 90K, 820K and TaBW280K variants.
- Polyploid view enabled, allowing users to view alignments among multiple wheat components simultaneously.
Archive of release 45 of EnsemblPlants: eg45-plants.ensembl.org (Sep 2019)
Archive of release 40 of EnsemblPlants: eg40-plants.ensembl.org (July 2018)
Archive of release 37 of EnsemblPlants: eg37-plants.ensembl.org (Oct 2017)
Read here how you can get data from other releases
Ensembl Plants datasets are constructed in a direct collaboration with the Gramene resource, funded by the United States National Science Foundation award #1127112. Read more about our collaboration with Gramene.
The development of resources for wheat is funded by the BBSRC-funded Designing Future Wheat ISP.