What's New in Release 45
- New genomes:
Read here how you can get data from other releases
New wheat assembly
Ensembl Plants hosts the latest wheat assembly from the IWGSC (RefSeq v1.0). Current data includes:
- The IWGSC RefSeq v1.1 gene annotation.
- Wheat genes were added references to the Wheat Expression Browser and KnetMiner
- Alignment of 98,270 high confidence genes from the TGACv1 annotation.
- The Axiom 820K SNP Array from CerealsDB.
- The Axiom 35K SNP array from CerealsDB.
- EMS-induced mutations from sequenced TILLING populations (Kronos and Cadenza).
- Inter-Homeologous Variants (IHVs) between the A, B and D genome components.
- Assembly to assembly mapping and gene ID mapping to the previous TGAC v1 assembly and annotation.
- Whole genome alignments to rice, brachypodium and barley.
- The TGACv1 assembly will still be available at the archived eg37-plants.ensembl.org (Oct2017).
Polyploid View Enabled
Ensembl Plants datasets are constructed in a direct collaboration with the Gramene resource, funded by the United States National Science Foundation award #1127112. Read more about our collaboration with Gramene.
The development of resources for wheat is funded by the BBSRC-funded Designing Future Wheat ISP.