What's New in Release 51
- Lettuce (Lactuca sativa) : assembly and annotation from RefSeq GCA_002870075.2
- European olive (Olea europaea) : assembly from ENA GCA_902713445 and annotation from CNAG. Olea europaea sylvestris remains as seperate variety
- Hazelnut (Corylus avellana) : assembly from ENA GCA_901000735 and annotation from the Hardwood Genomics Project
- Common fig (Ficus carica) : assembly from ENA GCA_009761775.1
Ensembl Rapid Release
New assemblies with gene and protein annotation every two weeks.
Note: species that already exist on this site will continue to be updated with the full range of annotations.
The Ensembl Rapid Release website provides annotation for recently produced, publicly available vertebrate and non-vertebrate genomes from biodiversity initiatives such as Darwin Tree of Life, the Vertebrate Genomes Project and the Earth BioGenome Project.
Rapid Release news on our blog
Ensembl Plants hosts the latest wheat assembly from the IWGSC (RefSeq v1.0), including:
- The IWGSC RefSeq v1.1 gene annotation, with links to wheat-expression.com and KnetMiner
- 14 wheat cultivars from the 10+ genome project
- Alignment of 98,270 high confidence genes from the TGACv1 annotation.
- Axiom 35K, 820K SNP arrays from CerealsDB, including QTL links in selected cases and Linkage Disequilibrium display. See QTL example here.
- EMS-induced mutations from sequenced TILLING populations of Cadenza (coding regions) and Kronos (coding regions and promoters).
- Inter-Homeologous Variants (IHVs) between the A, B and D genome components.
- Chromosome specific KASP markers were added from the Nottingham BBSRC Wheat Research Centre.
- Whole genome alignments to rice, brachypodium and barley.
- Assembly-to-assembly mapping and gene ID mapping to the previous TGAC v1 assembly, archived at eg37-plants.ensembl.org.
- Polyploid view enabled, allowing users to view alignments among multiple wheat components simultaneously.
- Durum wheat 35K, 90K, 820K and TaBW280K variants
- Chromosom and centromere data can be viewed here.
Archive of release 49 of EnsemblPlants: eg49-plants.ensembl.org (Dec 2020)
Archive of release 45 of EnsemblPlants: eg45-plants.ensembl.org (Sep 2019)
Archive of release 40 of EnsemblPlants: eg40-plants.ensembl.org (July 2018)
Archive of release 37 of EnsemblPlants: eg37-plants.ensembl.org (Oct 2017)
Ensembl Plants datasets are constructed in a direct collaboration with the Gramene resource, funded by the United States National Science Foundation award 1127112. Read more about our collaboration with Gramene.
ELIXIR implementation study FONDUE - FAIR-ification of Plant Genotyping Data and its linking to Phenotyping using ELIXIR Platforms.
ELIXIR implementation study Apple as a Model for Genomic Information Exchange.