What's New in Release 50
- Garden asparagus (Asparagus officinalis) : assembly and annotation from ENA GCA_001876935.1
- Quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa) : assembly from ENA GCA_001683475.1 and annotation from ChenopodiumDB
- Eucalyptus grandis : assembly and annotation from ENA GCA_000612305.1
- Opium poppy (Papaver somniferum) : assembly and annotation from ENA GCA_003573695.1
Ensembl Plants hosts the latest wheat assembly from the IWGSC (RefSeq v1.0), including:
- The IWGSC RefSeq v1.1 gene annotation, with links to wheat-expression.com and KnetMiner
- 5 UK wheat cultivars : Cadenza, Claire, Paragon, Robigus, Weebill
- Alignment of 98,270 high confidence genes from the TGACv1 annotation.
- Axiom 35K, 820K SNP arrays from CerealsDB, including QTL links in selected cases and Linkage Disequilibrium display. See QTL example here.
- EMS-induced mutations from sequenced TILLING populations of Cadenza (coding regions) and Kronos (coding regions and promoters).
- Inter-Homeologous Variants (IHVs) between the A, B and D genome components.
- Chromosome specific KASP markers were added from the Nottingham BBSRC Wheat Research Centre.
- Whole genome alignments to rice, brachypodium and barley.
- Assembly-to-assembly mapping and gene ID mapping to the previous TGAC v1 assembly, archived at eg37-plants.ensembl.org
- Polyploid view enabled, allowing users to view alignments among multiple wheat components simultaneously
- Durum wheat 35K, 90K, 820K and TaBW280K variants
Archive of release 45 of EnsemblPlants: eg45-plants.ensembl.org (Sep 2019)
Archive of release 40 of EnsemblPlants: eg40-plants.ensembl.org (July 2018)
Archive of release 37 of EnsemblPlants: eg37-plants.ensembl.org (Oct 2017)
Ensembl Plants datasets are constructed in a direct collaboration with the Gramene resource, funded by the United States National Science Foundation award 1127112. Read more about our collaboration with Gramene.
The development of resources for wheat is funded by the BBSRC-funded Designing Future Wheat ISP.
ELIXIR implementation study FONDUE - FAIR-ification of Plant Genotyping Data and its linking to Phenotyping using ELIXIR Platforms.
ELIXIR implementation study Apple as a Model for Genomic Information Exchange.